Tuesday, February 16, 2016

JOINT REVIEWS: Wild Aces by Marni Mann

Trapper Montgomery
His darkness drew me in. 
A mystery with a past I wanted to solve. 
He was cold, like ice, but set me on fire.
A heat I hadn't felt in ages.
But when I saw his face, I burned...
In mourning
Again.

Brea Bradley
She melted from my voice--shuddered from my touch.
But trembled from the memories
That my face brought back.
She wanted more...
Maybe even him.
I wasn't the hand she counted on.

But I was what she was dealt...

            A Wild Ace with no way to win.





4.5 SCORCHING STARS
This is a spinoff of Marni’s fabulous The Unblocked Collection with a story about Frankie’s best friend, Brea Bradley. It so happens that Derek also plays a role in Brea’s tale as Trapper Montgomery, the hero, is a friend of Derek’s. As an aside, Marni gives us a treat with snippets of Frankie and Derek (I wanted more of him but I’m not going to complain). If you haven't met Derek Block, you really should...you're missing out!
Trapper Montgomery is a professional poker player and he meets Brea at Frankie and Derek’s masquerade party. Marni is genius as this little tidbit is crucial on many levels… most importantly it shouts that the first spark, attraction or chemistry between two people is so much more than visual.

And speaking of chemistry between Brea and Trapper….
I’d really liked Brea in the Unblocked Series and could seriously see us as friends in RL so I was eager for her story. She’s one smart, perceptive and confident woman. And Trapper was so intriguing and sexy with his darkness, commanding alpha demeanor but also a vulnerability about him that had me begging for more of him.
Marni deftly develops off the charts sexual tension, need and lust between these two...
with some seriously sexy and frustratingly naughty sexting and phone sex scenes. Talk about building anticipation and then she ripped the rug out from under me.
I’ll read anything Marni writes! This was a complex, sexy and tender love story with action and tension and did I mention HOT chemistry?!
This was a fast, enthralling read. I devoured this in a mere few hours and was sad when it ended. I highly recommend this hot number!!
**ARC generously provided by Marni Mann in exchange for an honest review.**



4.75 Gripping Stars
 photo 616AC25A-FA76-4086-89AA-5D994F2DC026_zpshyvstlyt.jpg

Ok ok I'm still reeling from this book after finishing 48hours ago I'm pretty darn shocked by the plot... Thinking this would be a smexy read which is what I knew Marni for, from the unblocked serial series sigh. But WOAH this is a gripping read for me, I couldn't put it down once I got the time to tuck in to it...

So what's it about??
This about Frankies best friend Brea and Trapper a guy she meets at Frankie's masquerade party. So these pair bump into each other getting a drink easy sexy and a normal sexy way to meet but there is nothing normal about this couple. Being they don't actually know each other's faces due to the Masks that they're both wearing, so they develop a relationship on sexting over a week until they actually decide to go on a date properly..

 photo kissing and biting gif_zpshpouizyu.gif

Brea though has had it tough, her Ex was killed in an accident which has consequentially meant she hasn't been with anyone really in all aspects of a relationship. Her life consists of work and her family who is her ROCK and her best friend Frankie who has been beside her through thick and thin. So getting to know Trapper kind of Torre with her emotions in moments but she also loved the newness and the sexiness of not knowing whom was behind that mask...

I'm not going to tell you guys anymore about that because it will spoil the book and I want you to read and enjoy it just the way I have. Saying that I will say this, Trapper comes from a dark past, his childhood was NOT a pleasant one. He was neglected and ended up in the foster care system. But he came out the other side and is now is a well known famous Card Dealer, he works and plays in Aces which is a place where he's in card tournaments. He loves the feel of cards and what they represent, but he also travels the country to play games. He knows how to win games, he gets to know how people react, how people connect and how people play. He exceeds in his job so he's known as the best. I suppose it's all he's know, cards are Trappers happy place and he'll play for hours in a heartbeat.

 photo AD18BF65-0933-485E-B3A8-484630B6C0EC_zpsurh4yoiu.jpg

But letting Brea in is a first for him, because although he may have flings his feelings for Brea are much more deeper and he wants to get to know her properly.

My Thoughts
I was shocked initially by the development of this story because although the beginning has the intrigue and sexiness of getting to know you. This plot was what the main core of the story was about! It really did keep me on my toes, and I couldn't stop turning the pages.

There are some parts that were slightly unrealistic for me though at times, but this is fiction and I'm taking my hat of to Marni for being brave and dealing with a tougher subject that anything I've read off her so far. I love books that pull at my heart, grab hold of my thoughts, make me think and ultimately love the characters. I'd say I enjoyed the unblocked series but I DEVOURED this and for that reason I am 100% in with this book. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys family topics, love stories, abuse, it's not hard core but it does cover it and that maybe a hard limit for people. I'd say though you really should give it a chance, this isn't a dark romance just one filled with intrigue, angst of sorts and emotional love.

Enjoy Kt Xoxo

This is a STANDALONE Romance but side characters from Marni's Unblocked Serial series.

All my visuals are made from Deposit Photos that I have brought myself.

An ARC was gifted generously from Marni Mann in exchange for an honest review


Best-selling Author Marni Mann knew she was going to be a writer since middle school. While other girls her age were daydreaming about teenage pop stars, Mann was fantasizing about penning her first novel. She crafts sexy, titillating stories that weave together her love of darkness, mystery, passion, and human emotion. 

A New Englander at heart, she now lives in Sarasota, Florida with her husband and their two dogs who subsequently have been characters in her books. 


When she's not nose deep in her laptop working on her next novel, she's scouring for chocolate, sipping wine, traveling to new locations, and devouring fabulous books.



No comments:

Post a Comment