Tuesday, December 1, 2015

REVIEW & TOUR: Zero Hour: A Gypsy Brothers Epilogue (Gypsy Brothers #8) by Lili St. Germain

The final, shocking conclusion to the #1 bestselling Gypsy Brothers series.

Juliette Portland’s purpose was simple: Seduce. Kill. Avenge. Once Dornan Ross and his sons were dead, her future was supposed to be clear. Her life was finally going to begin. And love... Against all the odds, she had the love of a boy she never thought she'd see again. 

Everything should have gone according to plan. Everything should have been easy once Dornan was dead and buried. 

But nothing’s ever that easy, is it? 

Juliette 

I might have survived Dornan's wrath, but I was different then. Younger. Stupider. I’ve had too much time to think since I got out of the cage he locked me in. I've had too much time to dream about all the things he did to me. 
I think about revenge a lot. When I’m thinking of the way the light dimmed in Dornan’s dying eyes and the way he said you killed my sons
How beautiful it was, and how hollow. 

Jason 

Sometimes, I can’t tell if I’m starting to become him. My father. Dornan.The way I am, the things I’ve done—they make Juliette’s sins look like child’s play. 
Of course, I’d never tell her that. I’ll never tell her the things I’ve done. 
It doesn’t mean she won’t find out anyway. 

**Book 8 in the USA Today Bestselling Gypsy Brothers series. No cliffhanger.**

4 STARS

“I am safe. Dornan is dead. Jase is with me. 
The second and third are true, but the first is a lie.”

If you haven’t read the Gypsy Brothers: The Complete Series, you need to before reading this. This series is a dark romance but even at that, I wouldn't say it's a love story. This is a raw, gritty tale about vengeance, hatred and evil with love mixed in. It's not for the faint of heart and it's certainly not pretty but it's one wild ride that will keep you on edge, fists clenched and stomach churning!

“I’ve created a war that spans countries and families for generations, a war paid for in lives and blood.”

This is Juliette and Jase’s story in the aftermath of killing Dornan Ross, Jase’s father and head of the Gypsy Brother’s MC and his father, Emilio Ross, head of a drug cartel. Of course, no surprise, they're on the run. They no sooner settle in a new place and then their cover is blown. With both the MC and Cartel on their heels, Julz and Jase are constantly staring death in the face. Elliot, his daughter and ex-girlfriend are also on the run with them, as is Luis.


Jase and Julz are reeling. No surprise, vengeance doesn’t necessarily bring peace. They're drifting apart, fighting their own demons...
and the ghost of Doran that just refuses to fuck off, but they still love each other so much.

“I love you because you are you.”

This was the perfect ending to this series and so very realistic. It's not pretty at times and it's not easy but it's fitting for the journey and fight that both Jules and Jase had to face to be where they are at the end.

**ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.**


Lili writes dark romance, suspense and paranormal stories. Her serial novel, Seven Sons, was released in early 2014, with the following books in the series to be released in quick succession. Lili quit corporate life to focus on writing and so far is loving every minute of it. Her other loves in life include her gorgeous husband and beautiful daughter, good coffee, Tarantino movies and spending hours on Pinterest.

She loves to read almost as much as she loves to write.

$100 Amazon Gift Card

No comments:

Post a Comment