Monday, December 21, 2015

REVIEW: Vérité by Rachel Blaufeld

That’s me—Tingly Simmons—athlete, foreign-language major, professor lover, obsessed idiot girl. Definitely not a frat rat or sorority slut. I’ve never even played beer pong.

I ditched the vapid, soulless high-society life of Los Angeles for the promise of something more meaningful in rural Ohio. Accepting a track scholarship for college, I tried running my way to happiness, but instead I ended up sleeping with my French professor and falling head over heels for him.

When that relationship fell apart, so did I. Barely hanging on by a thread and using the most absurd coping skills, I was determined to hide behind my past indiscretions. That was, until I met Tiberius Jones. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d learn the truth about love from a six-foot-five basketball player.

5 Vérité STARS

It's always extra special when you go into a book looking forward to it and just get blown away! Wow, this one just crept up on me and stole my breath away. I simply loved this story. This is one of my favourite books for the year!

The tale is simple. Tingly Simmons (aka T-Rex,) born filthy rich, could have anything and everything money could buy but having someone (family, friend or otherwise) to care for her, love her, be real with her and honest with her is something she's only dreamed of.

Screaming for attention, Rex does what many would do in her shoes, she seeks any kind of attention (all bad) to feel something, cause a stir and piss her parents off, which frankly, I totally think they deserve. In the process, she degrades herself and chips away at any self-worth she may have.

Coming back from a year of therapy and being red shirted from the track team for a major indiscretion with her French professor, Rex crosses paths with Tiberius Jones (aka Ty).

I so want to describe to you the beauty that's all Ty but you MUST experience him for yourself. He's this freshman, basketball star with youth and innocence when it comes to the opposite sex yet he's got this protective, take charge, and honest nature that was so beautiful, refreshing and mature.
Ty...
Ms. Blaufeld created two completely opposite characters both with their own flaws and challenges that are just so captivating, real and raw. This story she's crafted and gifted anyone that reads it is the beauty of truth, of being real with another, soul to soul. And while so simple in theory, it's not easy to find and when you do, it's a rare thing of beauty, which is exactly what's she's given us.

"Feel that Rex? That's my heart beating for you. You can push and shove and run and whatever other stupid shit you want, but I'm coming for you."
"I like you too, Ty, but I don't get why me?"

"'Cause you're not into me for my jump shot or my jersey. 'Cause you got the best smile when you let it come out. 'Cause you're kick-ass fast in your running shoes. 'Cause you're tough and sweet, but don't even know it."


I highly recommend this book. If you love deep, sweet, moving and memorable romances, this is for you! This was an alley oop for me!
**ARC generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.**

Rachel Blaufeld is a bestselling author of Coming of Age, Romantic Suspense, and Sports Romance fiction. She recently asked her readers to describe her, and the adjectives they came up with included: insightful, generous, articulate, and spunky. Originally a social worker, Rachel creates broken yet redeeming characters. She’s been known to turn up the angst like cranking the heat up in the dead of winter.
Turning her focus on her sometimes wild-and-crazy creative side, it only took Rachel two decades to do exactly what she wanted to do—write a fiction novel. Now she spends way too many hours in local coffee shops, downing muffins and plotting her ideas. Her tales may all come with a side of angst and naughtiness, but end deliciously.
Blaufeld, also an entrepreneur/blogger, is fearless about sharing her opinion. Before turning her pen to fiction, she captured the ear of stay-at-home and working moms on her blog, BacknGrooveMom, chronicling her adventures in parenting tweens and inventing a product, often at the same time. She has also blogged for the Huffington Post andModern Mom.
Most recently, she shares conversations from being “In Bed with a Romance Author” and reading recommendations over at “Happy Ever After” on USA TODAY.
Rachel lives around the corner from her childhood home in Pennsylvania with her family and two beagles. Her obsessions include running, coffee, basketball, icing-filled doughnuts, antiheroes, and mighty fine epilogues.

No comments:

Post a Comment