Friday, November 13, 2015

REVIEW & BLITZ: If You Dare (Deanna Madden #3) by A.R. Torre


Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited new novel from A. R. Torre, author of the award winning erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E.

The rules are the same. I can't open the door. I can't leave. I can't kill anyone.

The only difference is, I don't set the rules anymore. Guards in grey uniforms do. It is everything I never wanted and everything I always deserved. I write to you now, from a prison cell. My home for the next twenty to thirty years.

That's the going term for murder.



5 "More F*ckin' Bacon" Stars

Well my favourite crazy kick ass heroine returns for another round battling her demons, those she loves, those she loves to hate and just about any one else that gets in her way.


Deanna Madden is truly a captivating, unpredictable and mind boggling heroine. If any woman can keep me on my toes, it's her.

"I am freed yet hunted..."


I wondered how I was going to write this review without giving anything away because you must experience this dark, dangerous and delicious journey first hand.

"I am falling apart in a thousand different ways. The madness in me, it is pushing, stretching, filling my body down new and unique paths, my skin growing accustomed to its heat, its darkness..."

Again, Deanna finds herself faced with trouble - it just seems to effortlessly find her - and she's got all her men with her for the ride: smart, witty and hot sidekick, Mike; mysterious Dr. Derek and of course; sweet and sexy Jeremy.


She continues to struggle with going 'red' at the slightest thing because she knows it'll unleash the insatiable bloodthirsty demon inside of her...


Yet there are moments when she realizes she has more control than she thinks. Perhaps this is progress? But this are no limits or lengths that she won't go to protect those she loves or avenge a wrong that has been done.


This isn't a love story. There's love and friendship and even good in this tale but it's also emotional, dark and at times, there's despair. For someone like Deanna, there may never really be a HEA but AT gives us as good as it can realistically get knowing that Deanna can be selfless and kind despite all the malevolence she tries to fight. While this was the third book in this series, I sure hope this isn't the end and that I get to meet Deanna again.

**An ARC was generously provided by Alessandra Torre in exchange for an honest review.**

Alessandra Torre is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of ten novels. Her books focus on romance and suspense, all with a strong undercurrent of sexuality. Torre has been featured in such publications as Elle and Elle UK, co-hosted Dirty Sexy Funny with Jenny McCarthy, as well as guest blogged for the Huffington Post and RT Book Reviews. She is also the Bedroom Blogger for Cosmopolitan.com.

You can learn more about Alessandra on her website, or you can find her on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment