Saturday, August 29, 2015

REVIEWS: Kaleidoscope Hearts (Hearts #1) by Claire Contreras

**New York Times & USA Today Best Seller** 

He was my older brother's best friend.

He was never supposed to be mine.

I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.

One of us left.

Now he's back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I'd turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.

He broke my heart last time.

This time he'll obliterate it.


**This is a full-length, standalone, contemporary romance.**

5 My Favourite Person EVER Stars


You know there are times in our lives where we want to feel secure and we need reliability, we want comfort and we want a future. Then there is the thirst quenching toe curling heart beating love and I'd say this book is how both kinds of worlds collide together...

This is the kind of read where your heart clashes with your head and there is the summer salt of emotions where you question what they WANT and what they NEED.

"I always thought you were mine," ~ swooooon

This book is about timing and healing and what should be done. It goes over a period of time, some past chapters from Oliver's POV and to present with Elle's POV. It's a gradual development of the characters and where you have an understanding about Who they are, where they're coming from and how their story progresses from A to B.


Oliver and Elle have been childhood friends. Oliver is Elle's brother best friend from a young age therefore he has fitted into the brother place in Elle's life. To Everyone else that's who they are, brother and sister yet to them they're so much more, no incest here it's just how her real bro Vic is, he's protective and it's how it happens. Therefore they tread there relationship carefully. I can't really explain much else apart from its how the story was told to me rather than the actual relationship. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful book but the way Claire so eloquently wrote emotions and sentiments throughout the book blew me away, I COULDN'T put it down once I got to a certain point. I highlighted the whole book LOL

"Sometimes we give up a lot of ourselves for the people we love"

I feel there are several parts in our life as we grow a journey of sorts, this to me was alllll that and more. We take chances and risks and we grow into the people we are as we do so, again Elle and Oliver learn how to breathe with each other as they grow, they learn about LIFE and about how to LOVE but more importantly the different kinds of love.


I will just say if you haven't read this, take the plunge. A real feel good read, not too much angst just enough to keep you pushing the pages forward.


"I don't want to say that I feel complete when I'm with him- but when I'm with him I feel like a better version of myself. And I think that's what has always drawn me to Oliver. He makes me feel good about who I am, and I don't feel like I need to change or pretend when I'm around him. I'm just me, and being me has never felt better."

And a BIG Thank you to Elizabeth and Suzanne for the BR!! Love ya girlies ❤

I'm sooo looking forward to Jensen's and Mia's story roll on September!!

5 "One date, Elle.” Stars

“This is our canvas. Let’s paint it how we want it.”

I must admit I didn't plan on reading this book. I've only read one other book by this author and for me, while the writing style was good, the story was meh. I did plan on giving the author another try with her Darkness series but my Slut Sistas were doing a BR and I couldn't resist. I'm truly glad that I read this book!!

I had so many feels for this story and immediately loved both Estelle and Oliver.



This story is all about how you can't plan life or love. It happens and you're either ready to accept the chance with open arms or fight it because the timing or circumstance isn't ideal. Well, let's face it, life isn't perfect or planned or ideal, it's messy and complicated and beautiful even with its flaws. And that's what Ms. Contreras reminds us with this moving, heart wrenching love story.

“A storm of lust rises inside me, and my heart continues to trip over itself as his lips descend on me over and over.”


“I always wondered what it would be like to kiss you,” she whispered.
“And?” I asked.
“It was…everything.”


If you're a die hard romantic and love the younger sister, big brother's best friend/forbidden love troupe then you'll thoroughly enjoy this book.


I'm already looking forward to Mia and Jensen's story.

                                               Release Date: Sept 10th, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment