Sunday, July 19, 2015

SERIES REVIEW: Blood & Roses Series by Callie Hart

Sloane
I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if i die trying,
I have to find Alexis.

Zeth
She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the first part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

4.5 DEVIANT STARS

This is the first in the Blood and Roses Series and it had me hooked from the very beginning. It's a short, fast read chock full of desire, danger and darkness. This is going to be one wild thrill with lots of mind bending and surprises!


Sloane Romera is a med student on a mission. She’s determined. She’s looking for her sister who was kidnapped and she’ll do anything to find her. Anything.


Sloane and Zeth cross paths in an unconventional, daring, dangerous and highly sexually filled way that leaves a lasting impression on both. Years later, they meet again.

I can't say anything more because you have to experience every twist, every turn and every panty soaking moment for yourself! Zeth and Sloane are a dangerous combination that are ready to combust!


“He is probably the most savagely beautiful human being I have ever seen. It's not his looks that freeze my limbs to stone though. It's the way he looks at me, like for this split second I am the sole focus of his entire world.”

And HOLY HOTNESS between these two!!

Zeth is pure Alpha dominance...

and Sloane, a strong and stubborn woman, is putty in his hands.


If you've been like me, somehow trapped in a cave without any communication for the past year (LOL), you need to read this NOW! There's so much more to discover about Zeth, there's the hope of Sloane's quest and of course, there's the undeniable pull between Zeth and Sloane that I've just got to see through till the end. Onto book 2!

This was a BUDDY READ with some of the Shhhluts...CC, Denise, Mercedes, Myla, Nawal, Sue and Warhawke.


Zeth Mayfair is pretty much the very last thing I need in my life. And yet with every breath I take he becomes more engrained in every aspect of it:

He has a key to my house.

He knows where I work.

He dumped his strange, mentally traumatized housemate on my doorstep and has driven off into the sunset in search of my missing sister.

I want to forget him. Want to change the locks and blot out his face, scourge his very name from my memory. The problem is that I also need him. I need him more than I need air to breath, and I can’t be without him now.

He owns me.

He torments me.

He’s fractured me.


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the second part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

4 "Angry Girl" Stars

Okay, I've got a problem. I've met a man. A seriously hot, all alpha, dominant male. His name is Zeth. I'm sure you're thinking and the problem is...?
I MUST have him among my top ten book boyfriends BUT the roster is full. I can’t kick off any of my other BBFs!


So, here’s what I’m going to do…add Zeth to my newly expanded Top 15! Yes, I know, I’m a BFF Slut but I own it.


I simply can't get enough of this series! I absolutely love both Zeth and Sloane and the darkness,the danger and the scorching hot sex and combustible connection between Zee and Sloane!!


In this second novella, we discover a lot more about Zeth with glimpses into his past and his relationship with Charlie. But there are still A LOT of unanswered questions. I also really like Lacey and I think I know her connection to Zeth, or at least I hope I'm right. Nevertheless, her presence and how Zeth protects her says a lot about him.

And Zeth and Sloane continue their dance, their tug of war while both fighting valiantly to leave their emotions buried deep.

“Yes,” he exhales. “You can trust me. You gave yourself to me back at my apartment; I’ve never done it before, but I gave myself in return. I may not have wanted to, Sloane, but I didn’t have a fucking choice in the matter. That means we belong to each other now. And it means I’ll come back for you soon.”

These two are so unpredictable yet they mesh and they're both strong and stubborn in their own ways. But when they are together, they are also on fire... 

the passion, the dominance and the tenderness is all there...

and the submission.

Zeth is truly struggling to keep it together but Sloane does something to him that he can't control..

“She ran straight for me like I’m her goddamn savior. Like I’m capable of fixing everything. Like I’m capable of protecting her. Like I’m whole enough to help fill in the broken, fractured pieces of her, too. And then she went and held me in her arms like that. Fuck...Just for a second there…it felt like she might be capable of gluing me back together, too."

And Sloane is the same way. Most of the time she's angry at Zeth but once within his presence, she can't deny him.

I consumed this book like a junkie does crack! Not only is there a couple that's so dynamic and alluring that I'm heavily invested in them, there's also the action, the twists and turns, the suspense and the hope that keeps me riveted!

I have so many questions and so many possibilities for future books. I. need. more. Zeth!! Moving onto next book!

Sloane
I’m not safe.
I haven’t been safe for a while now.

I ran to Zeth for protection, but Zeth is in danger himself. With Julio on one side, and the leader of the Widow Makers MC on the other, the smartest thing to do would be to run. I’ve been running long enough, though.

This is the closest I’ve come to finding my sister in two years.

I can’t back down now.

Zeth
My right hand man’s being tortured in the basement.

The guy who tried to buy Sloane’s virginity is burning rubber in our direction.

My psychotic boss is on a mission to find me, and the girl I’m supposed to be keeping safe has landed herself right in the middle of all of this.

Just another breezy weekend in the Californian desert.

What could possibly go wrong in the next 48 hours?


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the third part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

5 IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER STARS

This fourth novella in the Blood and Roses series really heats up the action as Sloane and Zeth come face to face with Alexis. Of course, things don't quite turn out as Sloane planned and there's a lot we don't know about Alexis and what happened to her.

While Sloane is as strong as a rock and solid throughout this whole thing, now face to face with her sister and the situation, her emotions are all over the place. It's Zeth that keeps her centered and focused on the task at hand.


We`re also introduced to a few more players...in addition to the dangerously sexy Michael, we have an appearance by Cade (a member of the Widow Maker MC and someone Zeth knows from his past) and finally, the infamous Rebel arrives on the scene. While Zeth`s got me on my knees and has my sole attention...

...all of these men and the potential for future stories is like heaven...

Zeth and Sloane are still like a live wire with their sexual escapades. Zeth takes any opportunity to get down to business...

“I feel like a kid in a playground, and her body is my own personal ride.”

And these two get so caught up in each other that there`s even a sizzling scene of public sex!

“A few moments ago, Zeth’s weight on me felt like a prison, and now…now I want him to smother me with himself, so that the only thing I can breathe and see and feel and smell is him.”

I'm really enjoying my binge on this fantastic series!! One thing that's got me on edge above all else is Zeth's hard boundary around no kissing (I get it -- what he's afraid of)...

BUT, let me tell you, when they do kiss, this girl is gonna be...

And all Zeth,

Moving onto Fallen!

Sloane
For over two years, Sloane Romera has pinned everything on finding Alexis. Life was going to get better. Easier. Happier. The nightmare of having a missing sister was supposed to end, and everything was supposed to go back to normal.
However, now that she’s found her sister, Sloane is discovering that life has a way of ridiculing what we expect of it.

Nothing is easier.

And ‘normal’ is falling for a man who might never be able to feel the same way.


*** 

Zeth
A lengthy history of breaking things with his fists has given Zeth Mayfair a fairly good idea of how to get his own way. But when his goal, the one, single woman on the face of the planet that he’s truly ever wanted, can only be obtained by fixing things instead of destroying them, how can he adjust a lifetime of violence in order to make her his once and for all? And how can he make sure that she is safe?

The first part is going to take time. But the second part…

The second part is easy.

He must kill Charlie Holsan.


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the fourth part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

5 I WANT MORE STARS

“We met in the dark…arranged on purpose.”

Damn, I was already a sucker/goner for Zeth...

but in this one, Ms. Hart goes straight for the heart

by giving us a softer and more vulnerable side of Zeth with his romantic words and gestures.

"And I keep coming back, Sloane. You don’t need to ask me if I want you to leave. You don’t ever need to ask me that. At this stage in the proceedings, I don’t think there’s any leaving for either of us.”


And like Sloane said - “I’ve fallen for this reckless, dangerous, terrifying soul, and now that I’ve realized it, I’m not ready to give it up.”

There's a lot going on as things start to converge with..

Drama

Action

Excitement

Erotica and 

Sexy times.

It's amazing how all the pieces are coming together and Ms. Hart keeps us hooked by giving us just enough to satisfy but not enough to put it all together. While some questions were answered, there are still some nagging unanswered ones and a few more burning questions were also added to the bunch. Must continue reading!

Sloane
How many times can a person fall down and still get back up? How many times can things go wrong before you just give up?

I’ve lost everything. My home, my job, my purpose in life—everything has been turned upside down. But while life hasn’t exactly turned out the way I would have liked it to, I wouldn’t change a thing. If things were different, I wouldn’t have Lacey. I wouldn’t have Michael.

But most importantly, I wouldn’t have him.

I’ve realized what I feel. He knew it before I did. Only one question remains:

Is he capable of feeling the same way?

Zeth
Secrets are a prison, and I have been behind bars for years. Sloane Romera has been turning keys in all of my locks, throwing light on corners of my mind that I thought would forever be shrouded in darkness. Or at least I had hoped would be.

I have done so many wrongs in this life, and yet this woman has forgiven me. She’s done something I never thought possible—she has learned to understand me, and she hasn’t run. She’s amazed me. She’s saved me. She’s fallen in love with me.

If it’s within my power, I’m about to do the same for her.


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the fifth part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

6+++ EPIC STARS

I could ramble endlessly about how much I abso-fucking-lutely LOVED this book. THE. BEST. SO. FAR. In this series!!!


Callie Hart keeps blowing me away and just when I think it can’t get any better. The fifth novella went straight to my heart; to the romantic in me. I won’t sugar coat it and say it was all hearts and flowers because A LOT of seriously fucked up dark shit also takes place in this book…
”It’s as though Lady Fate is in a serious mood to fuck with me.”

BUT, Zeth’s emotions are seriously twisted (as Ms. Hart so aptly named this installment)...

as he struggles with – love, guilt, remorse, lost, scared - all of which are surging to the surface with Sloane’s words of love and as he learns more from Charlie, Rebel and others.

Rather than give you a review (because you need to experience this for yourself), here are my

TOP 5 THOUGHTS

1. Zeth and Sloane finally kiss and let me tell you, it was all I had hoped and more!!


“My heart jumps up into my throat – what the hell is he going to do? – and then his hands are on either side of my face and his chest is crushed up against mine and my back is slammed into the wall and Zeth Mayfair’s mouth is on mine. Zeth Mayfair’s mouth. Is. On. Mine. My mind goes blank.”


“It’s perfect and deep and breathtaking, and feels like it will never end. There has never been another kiss like this one in the entire universe. This is the kiss. The kiss to end all other kisses.”


“I’m not done with you. Fuck, Sloane, your mouth has always been perfect when it’s been on my cock, but on my mouth…On my mouth, your lips are sensational.”

2. Sloane is my girl! Just love her strength, her spirit and even her vulnerabilities. She owns it and finally comes to a place where she is at peace even though she knows the road ahead will be dark, dangerous and hard. She can handle all of it because Zeth is hers.


“This can be different,” he says breathing hot air over the bare skin of my stomach. “But it will never be that different. I’m always going to own you, Sloane.” I shiver, feeling…feeling relief. “That’s what I want. That’s what I need.”


3. Lacey breaks my heart in this one. I feel so much for this broken soul who is still so sweet and is in serious need of loving and security.


We see so many sides of her in this one and truly begin to understand just how much she has endured and just how shattered she really is.


4. Rebel is intriguing as Hell. I seriously can’t wait for his book. I need to know his story and Soph/Alexis’. He’s a legend and a scary myth in his dark underworld but slowly we're seeing that there's a lot more to him and underneath it all there is a heart.

5. Charlie. Holsan. MUST. DIE.
Onto the finale of this fantastic series!

With Lacey missing and everything falling apart, Sloane and Zeth will do everything they can to get her back. If that includes facing off against Charlie Holsan, the DEA, and anyone else who gets in their way, then so be it.

Faced with heartbreak, danger, and the increasing need to protect the ones he loves, Zeth Mayfair is finally realizing what it means to have a family. With her fears coming full circle, Sloane must learn that forgiveness is the only way to move forward.


**Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder**

This story is the sixth & final part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

6+++ BLOOD AND ROSES STARS

Serials are always a gamble because you never know if the next book will be as good as the last, if the plot and character development will be well done, hurried or completely missing and if the story flow, arc and finale will maintain the momentum of the story, be engaging and overall one great read. Well, Ms. Hart had the perfect recipe for the Blood & Roses series -- so well done that through ALL six novellas; I was riding a high, totally riveted and holding my breath.


The magic ingredients were:

One dark, dangerous, broken, volatile sex beast of a man 
 photo Zeth_zpss8vquqfe.jpg

One strong, smart, lonely, broken and beautiful leading lady
 photo sloane_zpsyb3e6ttx.jpg

A dash of innocence lost, a broken soul but still a shining light
 photo lacey_zps0zerqozt.jpg

Mix in a handful of hot, sexy, men 

and a madman,

Sprinkle loads of action, 

bloody suspense,

a little bit of heat

and simmer with some heartbreak and tears

Let bake in some off the charts steamy sex escapades

And viola - one helluva HEA.

And to top it all off, Ms. Hart's writing style is creative and totally addictive. She sure can tell a fucking brilliant story!!

If you haven’t already figured it out, I highly recommend this series! If you love a walk on the dark and dangerously wild side with a hot hunk of savage beauty, then you will LOVE this series as much as I did!! Thank you Callie Hart!


No comments:

Post a Comment