Thursday, June 18, 2015

RETRO THURSDAYS: June 18th 2014


(To buy all books on this post just press the covers)


Target This by Lily White

I’m not sure what I was thinking that day. 

It was a normal Thursday, nothing new or exciting had occurred in the morning.

I’d risen from bed, taken a shower and brushed my teeth. I’d then jumped on the 8:05 bus that ran a short distance between my house and the county library where I worked.

The ride took its usual 15 minutes before it left me standing fresh faced in front of a building of gothic construction that was my favorite place in the world.

After straightening my knee length skirt, I pushed open the door that led into the interior of the library.

It was at that moment that my world would change – impossibly and forever. It was a fateful movement of wood that collided with the shoulder of a man that would alter my very existence.

It wasn’t fear that I felt at that moment – more like the feeling of being watched. It was the feeling of knowing that danger lurks - the sensation of the hair standing on end at the back of your neck.

Looking back on a moment that happened so many months ago, I now realize that I should have listened to that feeling.

As I would later find out, the man standing in front of me referred to himself as Master Lucas…

…and I was his next target.

Disclaimer: This book is intended for mature audiences only (18+) and contains explicit descriptions of violence.






Side Effects (Love Sick #2) by Lisa Suzanne. 

She has been hurt. She has a past of lies, cheating, and pain. She has severe panic attacks when she’s in enclosed spaces, a side effect of a horrible accident caused by a man she thought she loved. Quinn Carpenter has a distinct type: bad boys with dark hair, dark eyes, and tattoos. Tyler, her friend with benefits, fits the bill perfectly. They have fun together and they both know that fun is where their relationship begins and ends.

Quinn’s life is exactly how she wants it until she meets Reed Porter, the typical pretty boy with blue eyes, blonde hair, and zero tattoos. He is the exact opposite of everything Quinn likes.

So why can’t she get the frustrating, preppy, blue-eyed Reed out of her head?

She isn’t interested in commitment. She doesn’t want a relationship. But Reed challenges her, he puts her in her place, and he makes her nervous. The confident Quinn is never nervous around men, so what is it about Reed that has her questioning everything? And what will be the side effects of attempting to juggle two men at the same time?

Side Effects is intended for mature audiences.

This is the second book in the Love Sick series of connected standalone novels.






****************************************************




All He Needs (All or Nothing #2) by C.C. Gibbs.

ALL HE NEEDS

Brilliant. Wealthy. Powerful. Dominic Knight is one of the hottest tech developers in the world--and the most demanding lover Kate Hart has ever known. Whether in the boardroom or the bedroom, he is always in charge. But there is one thing he cannot control: Kate's fiery heart...

As a master in her field, talented Kate surpassed Dominic's wildest expectations. As a woman of uncommon intelligence and beauty, she unlocked something deep within him. Yet since their professional relationship--and erotically charged affair--came to an end, the fire in him has only grown stronger.

Now, the man who has everything will do whatever it takes to reclaim the woman he lost. From Boston and Paris to Singapore and San Francisco, he will lure Kate back into his elite world of privilege and passion. Together, they will test the limits of desire and the boundaries of discipline. For both, this is uncharted territory--naked, reckless, and uninhibited. But when Dominic's deadliest enemies target Kate, he must face his darkest fears...and admit to himself that she is all he needs.










2 comments:

  1. Great post!! I've only read the book Suzanne read.
    Nope..I guess I only read the first book in that series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you like it, guess that's why they're good sometimes we miss all kinds of books when there's so many new ones coming out allll the time!!! Xo

      Delete