Saturday, May 23, 2015

REVIEW: Take (Scars of the Wraiths) by Nashoda Rose

MAX

Feelings are a luxury I can’t afford. Hidden behind a shield of quiet placidity, I keep my secret safe from those who’d use it against me. Until him—the tatted up, self-centered Scar assassin hired to protect me.

He takes pleasure in tormenting me, chipping away at my defenses as if I’m a toy to be played with. I hate that he continuously reminds me that I’m nothing more than a job. I hate that my body responds to his touch. I hate him.

JASPER

I’m not a good guy and I don’t pretend to be. Condemn me if you want, I don’t give a fuck. You’re nothing to me. No one is … except her—Max. She’s my target. And I was hired to do a hell of a lot more than protect her … I was hired to kill her.
It should’ve been simple, but it was complicated as hell.

Full-length novel. Come meet the Scars.

Scars: Immortal warriors with capabilities derived from the senses:Trackers, Sounders, Healers, Tasters, Visionaries, and the rareReflectors. They each have what is known as an Ink, a tattoo that can be called life.

4.5 Sunshine Stars

This was my second read by Nashoda Rose and I gotta say, I really like her writing. I’m so-so on PNR, it depends on my mood, the story and the writer. Well, the stars were aligned because I loved this!

First off, this story had what I love the most, a super hot, sexy, cocky, arrogant Alpha. My panties were soaked over Jasper Kyelin – an assassin Scar – “…threatening and virile. A predator.”


Jasper’s been hired to protect and if he has to, kill Max, a healer that’s being hunted by one of the most powerful and evil Scars.

These two together were dynamite. Both seriously feisty, controlling and stubborn characters with their pain and hearts buried so deep within. When Jasper and Max are together, there’s action, attitude and major attraction going on!

“We had men coming after us. He was shot in the leg and he was kissing me and it was…Jesus, it was penetrating and unforgiving and hard.”


“It was as if Jasper was spinning the lock to my emotions and each number he got right set free another emotion in me.”


I know I mentioned how much I loved Jasper and not to sound repetitive but, here’s favourite quote from Jasper - totally sums him up:

“You waiting for a kiss or a smack on the ass? Both are up for grabs, sunshine.”


This was a super-fast read with lots of action, Jasper and Max are on the run; Max is being hunted…


and there’s super powers, vampires and the battle of good and evil.


If you love PNR and want compelling characters and an action packed story, you will really enjoy this read!

ARC generously provided via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment