Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REVIEW: Bright Side (Bright Side #1) by Kim Holden

Secrets.
Everyone has one.
Some are bigger than others.
And when secrets are revealed—
Some will heal you.
And some will end you.

Kate Sedgwick’s life has been anything but typical. She’s endured hardship and tragedy, but she remains consistently optimistic (there’s a reason her best friend, Gus, calls her Bright Side). She’s strong-willed, funny, musically gifted, and smart. She’s also never believed in love. So when Kate leaves her hometown of San Diego for college in the small town of Grant, Minnesota the last thing she expects to find is Keller Banks.
The attraction is immediate.
And intense.
And mutual.
But each of them has a reason to fight it.
A secret.

Secrets.
Some will heal you …
And some will end you …



6++++++ #DoEpic #BeBrave Stars


Reading is my getaway, my sanctuary I have a busy life and don't we all? But reading is my Me time. I love reading and I have read a lot of books this year so far saying that no insults to anyone here but this has been my FAVOURITE Read of the year so far this book is a book of life and living, friendship LOVE all in one. I know that a lot know what the story entails but for those who don't I'm going to try my best to keep my thoughts as SPOILER FREE as possible.

Gah I'm speechless ack ummmm I DON'T EVEN errr know where to start?
Ok lets start from the beginning, we have a beautiful bright character that literally loves the world NO wrong word she loves LIFE she loves to breathe the air and she takes every day as a new day she enjoys every moment, everything she does or creates is with purpose to LOVE she takes chances on everything, you know when you walk past a person and you think that guy could do with a friend? or that mum could do with a hug and tell them everything's going to be OK? well that's Kate she takes life in her stride, she takes chances and she makes people smile she teaches the people around her how to LOVE freely. You know the world would be a bright better place if we had more Kate's and Katie's in the world, LOL sorry that's my name isn't it? no pun intended here #JustSaying.


Bright Side is the most generous loving talented and Beautiful young lady to read, I connected with her straight away. For me there was just something that made me think and ,while reading, breathe the way she did.

She is starting a new chapter in her life though she has moved away from her home and is now at university just about the start her new course in training to become a Special Needs Teacher.
But she is moving away from her best friend whom she has known and been with her whole life. Gus has been pretty much present along her side for every first and every moment they have been together, therefore to begin with life is strange , still good but different.

Lets talk about Gus for a minute
Gus Gus Gustov my heart melted for him, his Intense loving nature, you can't do anything but love him. He's the lead singer of the Band Rook and he's starting his career as a musician. The Rock Band is a rising and Gus is touring with the other members on the road therefore Kate and Gus's relationship are of phone calls , texts throughout the day and then skype sessions every so often . Those Skype sessions were some of my favourite moments at the beginning that's all I'm saying there were some serious #Sigh moments between them.


Their relationship is unique to say the least

There is something that Kate loves more than life and that is STRONG BLACK COFFEE and therefore a coffee shop is needed not just Starbucks or Costa Nope she wants a cosy down to earth heartily coffee shop that has normal coffee and that's where she meets Keller.
First attractions are something that are new to Bright Side she's taken with Keller instantly and their relationship blossoms gradually.


I'm not going to say anything else other than this book is The Book Of Life no joke it touched me more than anything I've read in a long long time. Saying that it may not be for everyone this is a No smut read this is an emotional journey and the first half is a slower intimate start where Kim has weaved so many people into Kate's life gradually and somehow surrounded Kate with a circle of friends who become her life.


I'm not going to say anything else other than Kim Holden is an Genius she really is, this is a NA read and although it was a gradual process I had time to get to know each person individually and together it meant in the last half I had a close connection to what was happening and why I was so emotionally involved in the last half. Kim's writing is just exquisite and you feel like you're there with each and everyone of them.

For me this was a life changing book, it made me think and be happy to be where I am that I have a big loving family that I'm so very happy to be part of. I have a few very close friends that are special to me, if your a real life friend or I've met here on Goodreads mainly by Blog Besties Shannie & Elizabeth and my Girl Layla I love you guys to the moon and back your all important to me in some way or another. I have a job where I can care and eventually go back and train (when my girls are all in school) to become a qualified nurse and do something where I feel like I've made a difference, it made me realise how very lucky I am to be surrounded by good people, it made me want to LIVE the moments and #DoEpics daily.


READ THIS BOOK


Enjoy Dudes


No comments:

Post a Comment