Thursday, May 14, 2015

Retro Thursday: 14th May 2014


Retro Thursday 14th May 2014. So what did we read this time last year?

We read the BEND Anthology over a 9/10 day period started on the 4/5th and finished on the 14th. 


The Bend Anthology got Banned last year but you can buy and read them independently. 

It includes: 

Kick by C.D. Reiss

Unraveled by K. Bromberg

COME by J.A. Huss

Red & Wolfe by Ella James

The Devil in Me by K.I. Lynn

Worth by Shay Savage

These Men by Andrea Smith

STILL by Alessandra Torre








(To buy any of these just press the covers)

Kick (Songs of Perdition #1) by C.D.Reiss.

Fiona Drazen, sex addict, submissive slave, celebutante, trapped in a mental ward until Dr. Elliot Chapman can help her remember why she's there. But once she does, she might not want to go home to the Master she tried to kill.

***This is the first of a serial. It's about 120 pages and ends in a cliffhanger, because that's how I roll. There's also a ton of drug use, and educated men who like dirty sex, because that's also how I roll***








UnRaveled by K. Bromberg.

UnRaveled is a darker erotic novella that is not suitable for people sensitive to non-consensual sex. This is a story about a stale marriage and the couple's unconvential attempt to find that spark again.

One night.
One mistake.
Filled with fear.
Sated by pleasure.
Robbed of control.
Blindfolded and bound.
Shamed she liked it.
Doomed to want it.
Limits tested.
Boundaries pushed.
Desire awakened.
Inhibition unleashed.
An identity unraveled.
Lives changed forever






Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly and #1) by J.A. Huss. 

My name is James Fenici and you will never see me coming. I walk the shadows like darkness itself. I hide in the corners where nobody looks. I live by no rules, I have no boundaries, I take no prisoners, and I never, ever blink. I am not your knight in shining armor; I’m your worst nightmare.

My name is James Fenici and you are my target. Only one of us is getting out alive, and that’s not gonna be you. Once your name is on my list, your life is over. It’s a deal I make with death, it’s a contract I sign in blood, it’s forgone conclusion—get used to it.

My name is James Fenici and I’m as dirty as they come. But then one day I saw her. And every monster I thought I was. Every fact I thought I knew. Every dirty promise I ever turned down came back to slap me in the face.

My name is James Fenici and I think I am in love.





Red & Wolfe, Part One (Red & Wolfe #1 by Ella James.

When Sarah "Red" Ryder loses her job as an art critic for a Boston newspaper, she's brokenhearted. Worse than that? She's broke. Her boyfriend recently left her, so she's stuck paying her hefty apartment rent alone. After two months unemployed, there's no money left. With no immediate family to turn to, Red reaches out to her estranged grandmother, a reclusive writer living on an island off the coast of Charleston. Several days later, Red receives $30,000 and an invitation to visit.

James Wolfe is not Red's grandmother - but he's the only person waiting for her at the boat dock. Red has something he needs. He won't take "no" for an answer, and he doesn't mind screwing her over to get it. He lost his conscience six years ago, when he went off the grid. Since then, life is about him - and the renowned oil paintings he does under the mysterious pseudonym "W."

Until the moment he sees her. Then Red is all he wants. And Wolfe will have her - any way he can.





The Devil in Me (Seven Devils #1) by K.I Lynn. 

In search of strength and guidance at a nearby church, Jared happens upon a temptation. One he cannot Hope to resist. Each time he sees her, the overwhelming urge to have her consumes him. The lust is overpowering, dragging him deeper and deeper with each encounter, exposing the devil within.



Worth by Shay Savage is a Historical Romance in the BEND Anthology but neither of us read it so we aren't recommending it, this is purely because we didn't read it but your welcome to check it out if you like historical, just not our thing. 

These Men (G-Man #3.6) by Andrea Smith.

This novella is a spin-off from the G-Men Series and can be read as a stand-alone.

Paige Matthews has a lot to learn - about everything, including herself. At age twenty-two, she finds herself driving across the country to start an internship with the F.B.I. in Quantico, Virginia.

You might think that Paige would be grateful to her older brother, Trace Matthews, a senior F.B.I. agent who pulled strings on her behalf to get her into the program, right?

Wrong.

She has insecurities and self-esteem issues, and she masks those issues in various attention-grabbing ways. Always a loner, she quickly wears out her welcome with Trace and his wife Lindsey, due to her . . . need for random hook-ups, and finds herself crashing with her oldest brother, Easton, and his wife Darcy.

Through Darcy, Paige is introduced to her sister-in-law's former roommate and bestie male friend, Eli Chambers, along with his sinfully handsome partner, Cain Maddox. They're looking for a roommate and Paige is looking to get out from underneath her family's watchful eye.

This is no typical "Three's Company" story though. Living with these men, Paige quickly learns that it's time to grow up and take responsibility for her life. She embarks on a journey of self-discovery that teaches her not only about giving, but about accepting love as well. She soon realizes that sometimes what you're searching for has been right there with you all along.

This book is intended for mature audiences. Explicit Sex.







Still by Alessandra Torres is no longer available as it has been made into a full length novel called TIGHT, but here is our ratings and review. 









Besotted (The Billionaire Banker #3) by Georgia Le Carre. 

In Forty 2 Days we cheered as we learned of Lana's opportunity for a second chance to put things right with our wounded hero, Blake. We read with joy at the news of baby Sorab's birth, and with tension in our bodies as the spirited Lana fought and finally overcame the might of Blake's powerful family to win the heart of the man she adored.
*******
But Lana still needs answers to many burning questions?
The secrets are many and tangled? Will she get the answers she seeks?

Blake finally lays it on the line to Victoria, and declares his true love for Lana, but will that be the end of the matter?

Then there is the re-appearance of Marcus.

Can Lana keep her resolve and overcome all obstacles to claim her man forever?





Getting Dirty (Dirty #1) by Cheryl McIntyre.

Three. This is my number. It’s the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.

One: To strengthen my body. Make it strong. Make it a machine. Make it so that what happened before can never, ever, happen again.

Two: To help others find their own strength so that what happened to me, what happened to my Olivia, doesn’t happen to them.

And three: My favorite—to find the bastards that took my life away and make them pay for what they did.

This is what my life is now. A dead man, inside a scarred body, living only for revenge.

*This is part one in a five part novella serial.

**Due to sexual situations and violence, this series is recommended for 18+.









1 comment: