Thursday, April 23, 2015

GUEST REVIEW: Opulence (The Excess #1) by Angelica Chase

When I was twenty-eight years old, I wrote my own winning lottery ticket. A simple idea thrust me onto the fast track to wealth, and into a world I had only ever dreamt about. I submerged myself in the unfamiliar, a life that seemed all too alluring … until it lost its appeal.

I made my fortune, built my castle, and then exiled myself within its comforts once reality set in.

Far too late, I discovered I was drowning in a sea of hungry sharks. Given the choice to sink or swim, I chose the latter … and it cost me everything.

Devin McIntyre, the most dangerous shark of them all, was the last nail in my naïve coffin. His beautiful smile and amazing cock tainted me in ways I could have never imagined. 

I craved him. I needed him. I loved him.

Miserable with the outcome of my prosperity, I set out to change what disgusted me most—the first decision being to rid myself of Devin. Little did I know that taking that first step would make me a slave to a man far more tempting … or that my addiction to Devin would threaten to ruin it all.


If you are not a fan of cursing, erotic and extremely explicit sex, cheating, immoral behavior, dysfunction or sexual scenarios that may make you feel uncomfortable this is not the series for you. FILTHY EROTIC ROMANCE

4.5 “Naughty Girl” Stars

I thoroughly enjoyed every second of Ms. Chase’s Awakening Series and so of course, I was ecstatic to get an ARC of her latest - the Excess Series #1. I read this in one sitting and couldn't believe it was over once done.


Nina Scott, self-made millionaire, is lost and lonely at 31 years old.

“I’d made my fortune and built my castle, and then exiled myself in it.”


She’s divorced and now trying to extricate herself from the disaster of her current relationship, if you can call it one, with Devin McIntyre. Devin is a handsome, powerful, wealthy liar and predator.

“…poison packaged in a gorgeous smile and a mouth-watering cock…”

 photo Devin_zpsnfu473uj.jpg

“Your pussy is not my paycheck,” he said, taking a step toward me. “It’s my pastime.”

At first, Nina was easy prey but over time, she succumbed to his sex, his control, his power and now Devin is an addiction that will eat her alive. Along the way, Nina has lost herself and is now an empty shell of a person. So, she decides to rid herself of Devin once and for all.

“Devin McIntyre was another price I paid for my wealth, another reminder that with each dollar earned a part of my humanity was stripped away from me.”


One night, Nina ventures off the beaten path and meets a gorgeous musician/bar owner, Aiden.


She catches his attention and then from there, they start to see each other.


I must confess, I’ve fallen…
…for Aiden!

He’s sex-on-a-stick and while all Alpha, he’s also attentive and affectionate. From musician, to surfer, to cook, this man is laid back, confident, kind, sexy-as-all-get-out and also no pushover.


I seriously didn't know what Nina sees in Devin because Aiden's IT!!

While Nina is drawn to Aiden, she also wants to keep some sort of distance in fear of him discovering her dirty past and secrets. Aiden may very likely be her future but Devin is still very much in the picture and still a weakness Nina can’t shake.

I loved Nina’s sass and that Aiden would have none of it. Loved how he called her “naughty girl”…*squirming in my panties*


Okay, I just about loved everything about Aiden…even though it’s very obvious that we know very little about him. While I guessed one of Aiden’s secrets, I know he’s got more and it’s only going to make for a better ride!

I would highly recommend this series even for those who don't like cheaters (I hate cheaters). I wouldn't call this a love triangle but will say it's not for those looking for hearts and everything coming up roses. Something tells me it's only going to get down and dirtier before we see the light. Bring it!

Release Date: April 29th 2015      No Release Date or Cover   

No comments:

Post a Comment