Saturday, March 21, 2015

REVIEW: Coda (Songs of Submission #9) by CD Reiss

The stunning epilogue to the bestselling Submission Series.

Did you want a pat little ending about Jonathan and I riding off into the sunset? Did you want flowers and stars? Man, I wish it was all soft filters and violins. I wish we could fight about who cleaned the bathroom or who was cooking dinner. But I knew I was never destined for simple contentment.

I almost committed murder for him. I almost tore us apart to save him. How do you get back on the horse after that? Because, I promise you, nothing is the same. Nothing.

I’ve earned our happily ever after. Now I have to survive it. 





6 Beautiful and Emotional Stars

Ok I'm going to try and make this review unspoilerish as possible but there are some things that I may re-hash from Sing so please, please read the SOS before you read this!!


I finished this book over 24 hours ago and I'm still reeling from it, lets just say in my opinion this was the best book of the series I devoured it, loved every damn word and yet savoured it at the same time.

Jonathan and Monica's love spoke loud and clear in this book seriously the one thing that I felt throughout reading this long epilogue of sorts is their LOVE and NEED for each other.

So back in Sing Jonathan gets a new heart transplant and in that comes with lots of worries on both parts. They have had a vanilla relationship for the past 6 months lots of sex yes lots of touching yes again and lots of caring yes yes except they aren't a traditional couple, this couple is about sooo much more so Jonathan recognises that his wife is not happy. Monica is taking the world on her shoulders she worries not only about Jon and what he can and can't do but there's that 10 year life span of his heart and time is of essence time of how long they have together and how do they exist in that time?!!!
I just love this couple for how they exceed in needing each other, they are Dom and sub and Jonathan recognises how he's not given Monica what she needs how he brakes her down and opens her up, starts to get her to open up to him make her Trust her Husband and rely on him to know his own body, to trust how he won't brake if they push the need that they both require.

1.

2.

Love is love but with them it is powerful and thirst quenching Beautiful and heart braking, but they need to Trust each other daily in order to live, that's the one aspect of a Dom/sub relationship that I admire and adore and to trust each other is most definitely a 100% requirement for Jonathan and Monica.


This is one Emotional Roller-coaster of a journey, this last instalment was the icing on the cake but there was trials and tribulations that they needed to overcome to get to that end line. Monica is the most unselfish heroine that I EVER read period I mean she is willing to have a Vanilla relationship as long as her Dom and husband is happy as long as she gets to be with him, she puts Jonathan first Every.Single.Time. When she travels with her singing she wants him by her side but she always understands if he can't come with her and again put herself last, how she makes sure his health is ok and he's happy before herself and how she just mulls through life the way she's been given at this point.

But when Jonathan see's her need for more he starts to get her to open up to be herself and to eventually be the sub she certainly is, it's how she survives and it's what gives her peace.

Enter Dominant Jonathan
Well well he comes back in full force lets say he knows his wife well and he also knows what his sub needs, he is Strong, powerful, Dominant and he doesn't take NO for an answer it's not an option.

"So I need you to go upstairs, take your clothes off, and be ready for a quick go before we leave. And when I say ready, I mean mouth open and hands behind your back."
He walks she walks, he runs she runs, she sings he follows, she needs he gives.

Above all what I enjoyed and was gripped to was that this book this final instalment was solely about THEM there's no airs and graces they're an open book and their LOVE was unique and special.


I suppose for me they were the first couple and books of CD REISS that I read and for that this one was an emotional ride, I will never forget them and I will most definitely be reading this again and again...

Lastly I just want to say CD thank you sooo much for giving us this couple! Your the shit, you know that?!!

and Ps the Dedication lets make a thread purely on that #BestDedicationEver if you read it you will understand!!

That. Is. All.

No comments:

Post a Comment