Tuesday, February 10, 2015

REVIEW: Bad Romeo (Starcrossed #1) by Leisa Rayven



When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks





I have been umming and arring on how to star this book because I have so many feelings on certain aspects of the story I loved it but then things got a little much too so for that reason I'm going to review it in two half's and do it slightly differently. First and foremost this was an intense, passionate and gripping book for me yet I expected certain parts to unfold quicker so let me explain.

First Half 5 Stars*****
You begin where Cassie is enisted to take part in a new role on a performance, she's an actress her job is working in the arts and it's something she exceeds at, she loves it. What I loved was the ability the writer gave me was that I had the feelings of being part of the audience and watching the performance with my own eyes just like reading, I got the tingles and feels a sense of enforeyer as such when you are at the theatre and a big part of the story had me at grips with the feels in that way.

Ethan asked to be part of the role right alongside Cassie he didn't know what it was but he NEEDED to be there with her. This is in present day.


It begins in present day then flits back and forth to six years ago when Ethan struggled with his feelings and what he should or should not feel, where they met when they are both auditioning to get into the best drama and arts school and where they have to work together to get in and in to doing so they have to perform together this gives them a start of a friendship where they keep bumping into each other and once they move forward in their new lives and start college they become connected to each other where they want each other and have instant chemistry that pulled at my heart (not that Ethan wanted it that way but it was that way) I could see at the beginning how much they had a sense of comfort in each other, they became entwined in each others lives and emotionally this was a very much character driven book.




On stage they have this Intense chemistry that all that are involved and all that are watching are gripped and watching, feeling there movements, there initial movements, there touches, kisses I was mesmerised at this point of the story and was so excited to see how their chemistry would be on stage and OFF. But off stage Ethan has a lot of demons and in that he is unable to do what Cassie wants and let himself feel what you as a reader can feel I mean theres no doubt about that from get go.


Let me explain a little about Cassie; Cassie is innocent and hasn't had a boyfriend before nor anyone she has been attracted to the way she does Ethan, therefore I had myself laughing at her thoughts how she was quite childlike at times I mean she just said things she felt with no qualms about it I want to suck your penis etc? Very innocent behaviour she so funny yet there was an after embarrassment that I wanted to hug her and lead her to how she should behave yet Ethan was good with her here but then he walked away then came back again and in that mixed communication occurred and self doubt creeped in.




Yet in present day he does nothing but show himself fully and how he wants to start over, how he wants to be all that she needs and not let his past demons interfere with how much he wants to move forward in a much maturer way. Above all in the first half I adored how it held onto my heart, captivated me I was completely engrossed by THEM.

Second half 3 Stars***




I love angst I love the feel of will they won't they I love the feelings I get when I read these kind of love stories and I am first in line when I read those kind of blurbs which is why I went and read this one, I mean I actually liked and loved the only rock go there is in Kellen Kyle and I wasn't that upset with Kiera ccause all in all I knew who she was meant to be with at the end what I'm saying is when I see a goal in sight I'm all in, but here the word BAD ROMEO had a hugeee factor in this story. So my status updates 40% and you are dealing with Dry humping where the flirtish banter was fun that it didn't really worry me at that point but then we get to 50% and we're still there is the same point, then status update at 70%.......

For the love of god will these two stop the dry humping and just take THE DAMN CLOTHES OFF THE GET IT ON!!!!!!
 photo sexual frustraion gif_zpsvksmiuju.gif
It got a little thin and I was wondering where it was headed???!!! I love damaged heros I love broken men and there inner turmoil that doesn't bother me at all but there has to be a part of you that clicks and decides to take a chance.

Saying all that I did enjoy it, it is a NA but I just felt I could of moved forward faster or cut short a little, but I am most definitely excited for book 2 I want closure and I want them both to be happy. I'm really hoping for more a mature outlook and to see them both connect on a more intimate level and to OPEN UP TO TAKE THAT CHANCE AND NOT CLOSE UP!!!



Overall 3.75-4 stars****

That is all



 


(Press the cover to Pre-Order Release Date April 28th)


No comments:

Post a Comment