Wednesday, February 25, 2015

GUEST REVIEW: Hate F*@k: Part One (Hate F*@k #1) by Ainsley Booth

Warning: This is just the start. This doesn't end well. And it's going to get much worse before it ever gets better.

Cole:
I push her buttons. I want to push them in the good way. Dirty, up-against-the-wall, my-hand-in-her-pants kind of way.
But that’s not possible, because I’m dark and she’s light, and we both know it.
So I push her buttons in the bad way, making her hate me. 

Hailey:
If a genie granted me three wishes, I’d ask for Cole Parker to never look at me again, that I’d forget the dark promise in his eyes, and that just once, before he vanished from my life completely, that he’d push me up against a wall and fuck me.
Then I’d go wash my mouth out with soap.





4.5 COLE PARKER STARS


"Holy crap, I need to stop thinking about Cole and my underwear..."


If the title doesn't grab you, let me tell you this is a great read! The basic plot isn't anything new but Ms. Booth makes it her own, spices things up and leaves you hot, bothered and wanting more.


Cole Parker is an ex-Navy SEAL and now CFO of the Horus Group, a group of men with military, police and CIA pasts that clean-up the messes of the who's who in Washington, DC. For those of you who watch or know of Scandal, the TV show, think the hot, bad ass male version of Olivia Pope and her crisis management team. Cole is like forbidden fruit. You know he's bad for you but you can't stop yourself with his dark, domineering ways and filthy mouth.

"All we have is the raging heat between us -"
Then there is Hailey Reid. The good girl of the Reid family, clients of the Horus Group. Hailey wants nothing to do with her screwed up, immoral family. Both her father and older sister have caused national scandals involving adultery, murder and impeachment of the VP of the United States in the past 6 months and Cole and his team have had to come in and "fix-it". Hailey's independent, smart, sexy and sassy. Just loved Hailey's wit and her internal dialogue had me smiling and laughing.

Of course, Cole and Hailey have this "opposites attract" thing going on that is OFF. THE. CHARTS. hot, steamy and downright sexually charged. For all the innocence, good and light that Hailey is, Cole is dark, sketchy and bad. They both know that they shouldn't indulge their attraction...


"He kisses in a way that needs consent, that makes you feel like you've been stripped bare and fucked hard."


"A dark, hungry part of my soul leaps at the idea of prowling after her, caging her against a window just before she tries to climb out."


There are two more installments in Cole and Hailey's story with this one ending on a cliffy, of course. But not in a bad way. There are questions that need answers about Cole because we know there is a lot more going on than meets the eye.

"...he lied to me. He's always going to lie to me. I want this man more than my next breath, but I can't trust him."

And Ms.Booth promises more books on the other members (Jason, Tag and Wilson) of the Horus Group. I am in!


an ARC was provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.



(Click covers for more info)

No comments:

Post a Comment