Tuesday, January 13, 2015

REVIEW: Sweet Rome (Sweet Home #2) By Tillie Cole




You met Romeo Prince in the Amazon & USA Today bestselling novel, Sweet Home. Now hear the story from his lips: unbarred, uncensored, and raw to the bone. 



It makes me laugh when I hear folks think Molly and I rushed into things too fast, spouting that we couldn't possibly have felt what we did for each other in such a short space of time. I say, how the hell would they know? We made it, didn't we? She became my whole life, didn't she? And as for my folks not being real, being true? Tell that to me aged ten, eleven, twelve—damn, all my bastard life—when I was never enough, when I was beaten until I bled for being too good at football and not being everything they'd dreamed: the perfectly dutiful son. Tell that to thousands of kids around the world getting wailed on by asshole parents for whatever stupid reason; tell them evil don't exist in their eyes. 



Fuck Romeo and Juliet. This is the story of me and my girl, from my lips. No mushy sentiment, no cheese, just the plain, hard truth, and, because I'm feeling generous, I'm going to let you in on more of our story too. 

Sweet Rome is a New Adult Companion Novel to Sweet Home—contains adult content, sexual situations, and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up. 








5 Stars*****





First of all I'm not going to review this one but more talk about my thoughts as this is Sweet Home in Rome's POV, also I will say this ~ I'm not usually one for reading the same story different POV in my case it's too many books and not enough time to read the same story but I took a chance on this one because for one I adored Sweet Home.

                You can read my review here ~ Click the picture!! 




And secondly I LOVE Rome and I Just didn't want to move on so went forth and read Rome's POV. But HELL I loved reading his thoughts and seeing where he was coming from on many things, it wasn't boring and I was able to take a little more time in seeing things differently from his perspective it was insightful I mean he is one GORGEOUS Hero that had that damaged vibe where I just wanted to hug him but was so sweet and lovely too, so yep I really enjoyed this that also maybe because I read this straight away after sweet home which countered for my enjoyment as a whole but I'd highly recommend reading this even if you don't do the same as me this one is definitely worth the read.





Here in Sweet Rome we have a Young man with Anger issues that doesn't tolerate much apart from his best mates and his passion for being the Quarterback on the field his only release being the women he craves or the small amount of attention he gets from that, well that was until he met Molly Shakespeare and we know the rest don't we??



So My Thoughts
Rome's childhood was not a good one he comes from a cold home, with an alcoholic mum who literally HATES him and is damn spiteful and a father who needs Rome to submit to his control in that he 'NEEDS' to give up the game and do his duty as a son if I ever hated any parents in a book it has got to be these two they're Cruel and unworthy to have such a beautiful loving boy who just needs nothing more than to be loved and to have some attention on him, to believe in himself and understand that he is worthy of such love. In his POV I really need FEEL his pain and how he just wanted to protect Molly 'his girl' how we would do anything to do keep her safe yet you truly understood how he was being brought up in a cold unloving home, how the bruises were nothing compared to the emotions he had to go through as a young boy to how he's still dealing with that as a man, yet with Molly by his side he opened up didn't crawl inside but learnt what being Happy and contented meant we all want that but with Rome he truly deserved it.




You are going to go through the same plot and story but I did feel like I read new things second time round I savoured it a bit more didn't rush through it but grasped what was happening a little more, I was feeling for ROME every step of the way. He was gush worthy and melted my heart many a time.....but I also felt and read his pain what he went through his turmoil about his parents, about his future about his past, about football about Molly and about HIMSELF.



Loneliness
Even though he had people who loved him, he went home at night on his own he woke up on his own and as a person he was lonely yet with Molly she understood what loneliness meant, inside the walls he put up she just UNDERSOOD HIM, was there for him and in turn LOVED HIM.



"I get so lonely that at times I literally think it might kill me."(......) Bracing in anticipation, her breath held as I confessed, "I'm desperately lonely, too." (....) Holding Molly tight, I said, "We don't have to feel lonely anymore, baby. I have you and you have me."





All in all they were meant to be, they fell they grieved they picked themselves up and they found happiness with each other.


I think I was definitely in the right mood to read a sweet Romance be it with a few tears along the way I enjoyed both sides of the coin I was able to see where both sides came from, how they both reacted to each other and the people around them who were they meant to be yet they found each other and was in turn able to LIVE and BREATHE.



Ultimately they were better together than alone!!



I read a lot of dark romances last year (which is one of my favs) but because of that I took this series as a refreshing start to the year and I will definitely read more of Tillie's books in the future #NewTopFavouriteAuthorLOVE. I devoured both these books they consumed my life all last week so I will now go and clean my house haha!!


And lastly we do get the BEST Epilogue and the last 20% was all new material focusing on their future which was the icing on the cake for me.


Onto Sweet Fall


That is all

You Can follow Katy's Reviews on GR Here~










No comments:

Post a Comment