Monday, January 19, 2015

REVIEW: Sweet Fall (Sweet Home #3) by Tillie Cole

From the USA Today Best Selling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Fall; a tale of heartache, beating the odds and finding strength in the most unlikeliest of places.

We all have secrets.

Secrets well buried.

Until we find the one soul who makes the burden of such secrets just that little bit easier to bear.

Lexington "Lexi" Hart is a senior at the University of Alabama. Surrounded by her best friends, her loving family and having fulfilled her life-long dream of making the Crimson Tide cheer squad, everything is going exactly as she always dreamed it would. But beneath her happy exterior, demons lurk, threatening to jeopardize everything Lexi has worked to achieve. When events in her life become too much to cope with, Lexi finds herself spiraling down into the realm of her biggest fear. Lexi falls hard, victim once again to the only thing that can destroy her and, on the way, finds herself falling straight into the dangerous tattooed arms of a guy from the wrong side of the tracks.

Austin Carillo, starting Wide Receiver for the Alabama Crimson Tide, must get picked in this year's NFL draft. He needs it. His brothers need it. Most importantly, his mother desperately needs it. Brought up in a world where the poor are forgotten, the sick are left to fend for themselves and no hero miraculously appears to pull you out of hell, Austin had no other choice but to make a living on the wrong side of the law—until football offered Austin the break to get his life back on track. But when a family tragedy drags him back into the clutches of the gang he believed he had left far behind, Austin finds himself falling. Falling back into criminal ways and falling deep into a suffocating darkness. Until a troubled yet kindred spirit stumbles across his path, where Austin quickly finds he is falling for a young woman, a young woman who might just have the power to save him from his worst enemy: himself.

Can two troubled souls find a lasting peace together? Or will they finally succumb to the demons threatening to destroy them?

New Adult/Contemporary Romance novel—contains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.

Can be read as a stand-alone novel.





5***** VERY REAL STARS!!



Ok Breathe I finished 1. this series the other night after being with these characters for over a week to two and 2. I finished Sweet Fall. This is not just a romance but more about LIFE, HEARTBRAKE and being DIFFERENT in this world and succeeding on being different. I'd say though to me the romance came second to the reason behind the story.
I will also say this is so hard to review being that the subject matter was at times hard to read I had to put it down on occasions take a breather then go back in because this story really does come from the heart, this is Tillies book coming from her own experience so be aware this is no hearts and flowers read, yet I ADORED this more maybe although ROME in sweet home was one of the most gorgeous characters I've read this year so far Austin and Lexi's journey was BEAUTIFUL I find the hardest of journeys worth the time to read it makes us value our own lives and how thankful I am for not having that kind of pain on a daily basis.

Ok I'm digressing... Let me explain!!

What's it about?
Austin aka Romes best friend comes from a dangerous background being part of a street gang which includes dealing class A Drugs, shooting being part of a pack as it were where brothers and family is all that matters but as he grew up he wanted a better life he didn't want to live like that not for himself, not for his 14 year old brother and not for his Momma, so he worked hard and found a way out working towards getting in the NFL, but there's also a fine line between his goal to become a professional football player and having the world and his loyalty to his family. Austin also has an older brother Axe who is very much in the dangerous world Austin has got out of and at any moment could bring him in if he needed him there therefore there's a battle between good and bad, what's right and wrong, what he wants to do and what he's TORN to do.


Lexi has known of Austin because of Rome and Molly and that they are best friends to them but also because Lexi is a cheerleader and Austin is a college football player so they have known of each other for a while yet Lexi is in the wrong place at the wrong time and their first encounter is very unfortunate they are unable to spend time with each other because of circumstances that lexi was as and Austin ran into therefore they have to steer clear of each other yet they are drawn to each other due to the pain that they both see in each others demur.


Lexi has a disorder one where she controls everything that enters her mouth she's Anorexic and has inner thoughts inside her head that stops her from feeling and being happy, the core of the story I'd say would be around both Austin and Lexis journey. Although I loved the free flow and books 1 and 2 sweet fall was a much different journey where your sole focus is not FOOTBALL not FRIENDSHIP but THEM.


Ok where do I start first off this story was about two people who had a fa├žade against the people they were around their close friends didn't know what was going on, only them. (appearances are deceiving right?) and this is especially true in the case of Lexi she smiled over the top and portrayed the perfect cheerleader, the perfect friend and was always smiling to the people that needed to see those emotions in her yet underneath she was slowly loosing it, Austin saw who she truly was from get go as he too was doing the same thing. Austin is tough on the outside people were wary of who he was he was this fantastic footballer and had a bright future yet he had a very difficult home life and cause of that he was actually covering the scars he had on the inside.


So together they found something special they were unique and saw the scars that the other was hiding to the world.


"Do my scars repulse you?" ...... "No! Why would the scars repulse me? They're not who you are. they're from your past. They don't bother me at all. They don't bother me at all. It tells the story of your life." (.....) "




"just like your weight's no concern to me. You're you because you're you. I don't give a shit about weight or height. I look at true people. Real people. you're real, Pix. You got that shit in spades."


This story is Raw and gritty and VERY REAL. It's about life and survival, I love stories like this because I FEEL something, I suppose its a close subject to me because I have three little girls and one 7 year old that doesn't like eating lots although is getting better but I constantly worry about her nutritional intake and as a mum I'm constantly finding different things to get her to eat properly what I'm saying is that as a girl to a teenager to a young adult and then as an adult as a woman there's so much competition to be perfect the perfect size, the perfect weight, the perfect look PERFECTION life's hard so this book was VERY REAL, you will feel emotional and sit and think and mull on life, expectations being happy sad to be LOVED I felt a whole lot throughout this journey. And I for one will be taking this lesson with me for a while.


The romance was secondary to me as I was so worried about their futures yet when they came together I was rooting for them to be together to get it on and find something in each other something that only they need, on the outside they looked weird but together they looked right, there is heartache and troubles for both Lexi and Austin.


"She's my broken Pixie, and I'm her piece of Trailer trash scum."


I am loving Tillie's voice her writing is catchy I understood where she was I got pulled into her world straight away, honestly I haven't done much the past week due to not being able to walk away from these books so I need to catch up on life now, this was a story where I couldn't breathe and HAD to keep reading till I finished which is everything I enjoy in a book I cried I thought and I sat back and took breathers so yes it was HARD at times but it was also BEAUTIFUL.



THANK YOU TILLIE! 


To Sum up

Will I re-read this? ~ Maybe in the future.

Will I read anything Tillie writes in the future? ~Yes 100%

And will I recommend this book ~ Yes absolutely.


You Can Follow Katy's GR Reviews here~



 


No comments:

Post a Comment