Monday, December 8, 2014

REVIEW & BOOK BLITZ: Cadence (Deception #2) by D.H. Sidebottom & Ker Dukey **BOOK TRAILER**

CADENCE
COVER

BOOK INFO

Title: Cadence (Deception #2)

Authors: Ker Dukey & D. H. Sidebottom

Genre: Erotic Romance

Cover Design: Ker Dukey

Photographer: Clyph Jean Philippe

Cover Model: Florian Julien Dutheil


COVER JACKET

SYNOPSIS 

Cadence

Cade.

He had her love. Her devotion. He destroyed her with it!

Years I loved Faye Avery from a distance, watched my brother have something he didn't deserve. She was always too good for him. Dante had a need for control and that grew with him from childhood, infecting her to bend to his whim.

When Dante abandoned her, the girl who put his future and needs before her own, I rediscovered the girl who lost herself to the heartache. She blossomed and flourished in the light of the love she deserved - until he robbed me of her. Breaking her down, dimming the essence of the woman she had become.

Dante had a darkness inside him that led him down a path of depravity. He was too far gone. He functioned on corruption, humiliation, power and retribution, and all for something that never happened.

What he forgets is this! I not only wear his face, I carry the darkness inside of me too, and my wrath will coat him with it so thick he will drown under the rain of my reckoning.

He wants Star, a memory of a girl he used to know. He stole Faye, a woman who owns my heart and is the cadence in mine.

I will find him.

I will take her from him.

And then I will kill him.


3.75 Stars


First of all I'm going to try my hardest to keep this review spoiler free as much as I can, saying that at the end of Facade (Deception, #1) by D.H. Sidebottom we were given one mahoosive and gobsmacking ending and because of that ending there's no-way I can review this book without talking about that as this book IS about that ending, therefore.

1. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ FACADE - Go read it and come back. My REVIEW
2. You don't mind reading my thoughts anyway.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....
Well well well what a book, If I wasn't gobsmacked and simply awed by the minds of Dukey and Sidebottom in Fa├žade I sure as hell am questioning their sanity In Cadence this is one screwed up but powerful story that at the end has a underlying message behind the book and I am finding myself questioning what the feck happened I am also here asking myself what people actually do and crave love for or more like how far they will go.

Here we now have three characters 1. Zante 2. Cade (Twin brothers) and 3. the source Faye/Star.

Let me explain the Characters in some form of depth.


Zante
Zante is what I see as the evil/devil twin he is twisted and in his mind he loves Star, what in reality he craves is to possess her. He is so focused on retribution and payback for a mistake and a decision she made when they were youngsters that he doesn't see anything else, he see's blood and thirst POWER, CONTROL and then GREED. There's always two sides to a story though right? but here Zante see's his side only, here in this final instalment you see Zante playing a mind game that manipulates and takes advantage of Star as he calls her, she is his to do as he pleases that includes times he's not always with her as he has the power to control the mind and that he does well or so he thinks.


Cade.
Awww from page one I saw Cade as the hero the true sole of the book, the one that brought life joy and even a lightness that helped the dark balance itself. Cade is Faye's love and the one that she wants the one that can truly love her the way she needs, I can't really explain him any other way than that he isn't pure-per-se but he is pure in his strength mind and love for Faye that is the core to the story. There is a gentleness to his touch a distinguished difference to his touch that was different to Zante that I did nothing but love him-A true hero. He is protective, loving caring and will fight to the death of the one person he loves throughout. What I can say here there is a lot of brutal dark parts to this story to be aware of in those moments be aware of Cades lightness he really pulled me through and for me when reading his side to the story his chapters and feelings I took and deep breath in again and was able to breath out.

Faye.
What a doll a caring beautiful lady and while she was protecting the person she loves she needs to I suppose do it that way she feels in order to gain her freedom, she goes through the brutal hand of Zante. This is no fluffy read, you will need a strong stomach in some parts, but she is a strong kick ass heroine she has endured a lot but her sprit was always there she is such a brave individual.


My Thoughts
The core and the main theme if unbelievable while reading my review is LOVE, yes believe it or not love was the reason behind everything; Jealousy-LOVE Possessiveness-LOVE Heartache- LOVE Desperation-LOVE Brother bonds-LOVE Faye-LOVE. When you love someone so deep in your soul how far will you go for the person you love? and what will you do to get that love? This book is very much to me a fight between Good and Bad, Right and wrong Light and Dark, Blood and water. Friendships, family, partners and Love is what this as a series is about it does have an HEA is does have a happy message but their journey was somewhat brutal so don't expect Fluff have a tougher skin while reading this saying that all that I un-doubt-idly loved the authors writing, I really was gripped to my seat and I really enjoyed the fluid motion of their storytelling there is a way about them as a unit that I loved and yes I will absolutely will read their books again.


To sum up
Will I re-read this series- mmm maybe
Will I recommend it- Yes
Will I read anything they write again-Yes.



BOOK TRAILER

buy links

AmazonUS | AmazonUK| AmazonCA


teasers




meet & greet

Ker Dukey
I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters. I wanted to be an actress growing up so I could live many roles but I learned early on that my mind was too active... I would want to change the script.I would watch films and think of ways they could of improved the story if they took another direction so i thought it best that i tell my own.

My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light, some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.


When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.


You can find me on Facebook where i love interacting with my readers.

::::FOLLOW KER DUKEY @::::

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Amazon | Goodreads | Newsletter

D.H. Sidebottom

Author of The Heart of Stone, Room 103 and Shadows of Sin series, and the new Blue Butterfly series.


D H Sidebottom is a fulltime mum/author. She lives in Derbyshire, England with her children and two dogs.


She is an avid reader and her tastes range from horror to erotic, but she loves to help new authors get into the ‘scene’. She loves rock music and tattooed guys, and has a weakness for coffee, wine and Belgian buns




::::FOLLOW D.H. SIDEBOTTOM @::::

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Amazon | Goodreads


hosted by

No comments:

Post a Comment