Monday, December 22, 2014

Katy's Favourite Books of 2014


Hi, [Waving] 

First of all I just want to thank every one of you who have followed, checked our reviews, blog posts and supported us in the past couple of months since we opened. I appreciate every one of you!!

Secondly, I have read some seriously fantastic books this year and I've also interacted with some AMAZING authors its therefore really difficult to pick out my favourites. I've read near to 100 this year, I've also got into Dark and Erotica reads this year so expect quite a lot of those themed books. Anyway I digress, its difficult to pick them out when there's so many great authors but here's my top favourites of 2014, these books to me have left me reeling, feeling and wanting more.

I'm putting them into 2 categories:
1. Series
2. Standalones

(Click on the covers for more info or to purchase)

Innocence Series by Alessandra Torre

After reading SEX, LOVE, REPEAT at the end of 2013 I fell in love with Alessandra's writing. I met Brad De Luca in the Innocence Series. Brad is SEXY, DOMINENT and somewhat Sinful, he's EVERYTHING I want to read in a MAN.

Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig

This series got me hooked on Dark and MINDFUCK type reads!!! Tony Rawlings was something else. I liked him, I hated him and then SHOCKER I actually fell for him! This series was what I'd call a journey of emotions!!! Read it!!

(There are additional books in this series. I don't have them listed since I haven't read them yet.)

Monsters in the Dark Series by Pepper Winters

Q, Be still my beating Heart.... This series was Engaging, Gripping and a whole lot of Delicious. I was hooked and I don't think I looked up till I finished. I was completely mesmerised by Q and Tess's story that I even forgot about RL! I 100% Recommend this series.

Masters Series by Lily White

The reason why I fell for Dark Romance... mmm not sure romance is the right word. This is DARK EROTICA and Very WRONG. You shouldn't love this but Yes, yes I did!: 

"I capture women, I break them down and I rebuild them."


Virtue Series by Mia Asher

2 part series I highly recommend! This is one of those reads where you question everything and who is who and then at the end you sit in space trying to grasp reality. Yup, love those kind of books. I LOVE MIA just for that kind of experience.

(Virtue #2 is untitled & without a synopsis, but is expected to be released next year)

Songs of Corruption by C.D. Reiss

I just love C.D.'s ability to make & savour every word. This series, esp Ruin was one big ole quote. I just highlighted my whole kindle when reading. C.D. is a master mind and I analysed everything thinking through things weeks after. Seriously can't wait for the last book coming out next year.

Reclaiming the Sand Series by A. Meredith Walters

Powerful! This is such a beautiful book, a special kind of read. A read where you can't help but fall for the hero. Flynn's no Alpha, he needs love and love him you will! I did, this book is what LOVE is about.

(Starting book 2 Chasing the Tide very soon, but added it to my list since I will finish before the year ends)

Renegades Series by Skye Jordan

Oh Man! Love these boys... Sexy, HOT, Manly and Delicious.

Spiral of Bliss Series by Nina Lane

A professor and his wife, sensual yet beautiful reads.

Reasonable Doubt Series by Whitney G.

Andrew Hamilton need I say anymore! I loved their journey xo

(I read as 3 seperate parts, but it's now available as a boxed set)


(Click on the covers for more info or to purchase)

Black Lies by Alessandra Torre

I ADORED THIS BOOK it was a 6 Star read and I will never FORGET THIS EXPERIENCE. What will you do for love and how far will you go???

Synopsis:

Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.

Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.

Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.

If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.

My Review

Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy

A Military story that I stayed up all night reading with tears running down my face. Made me look at the world slightly differently. I loved the characters and the plot.

Synopsis:

Ryan Kendall is broken. He understands pain. He knows the hand of violence and the ache of loss. He knows what it means to fail those who need you. Being broken doesn’t stop him wanting the one thing he can’t have; Finlay Tanner. Her smile is sweet and her future bright. She’s the girl he grew up with, the girl he loves, the girl he protects from the world, and from himself.

At nineteen, Ryan leaves to join the Australian Army. After years of training he becomes an elite SAS soldier and deploys to the Afghanistan war. His patrol undertakes the most dangerous missions a soldier can face. But no matter how far he runs, or how hard he fights, his need for Finlay won’t let go.

Returning home after six years, one look is all it takes to know he can’t live without her. But sometimes love isn’t enough to heal what hurts. Sometimes people like him can’t be fixed, and sometimes people like Finlay deserve more than what’s left.

This is a story about war and the cost of sacrifice. Where bonds are formed, and friendships found. Where those who are strong, fall hard. Where love is let go, heartache is born, and heroes are made. Where one man learns that the hardest fight of all, is the fight to save himself.

My Review

Louder Than Love by Jessica Topper

AMAZING! This is the kind of story that cuts deep into your soul. May have taken me a little longer to get into but was worth the wait. It starts slow but is written so beautifully and exquisitely that you can't help to fall for the story & characters.

Synopsis:

In this powerful debut novel, a young librarian grieves the loss of her husband...and discovers a love that defies classification.

It's been over three years since a train accident made a widow of Katrina Lewis, sending her and her young daughter Abbey back to the suburban town of her youth...the only place that still makes sense. Lauder Lake is the perfect place to hide and heal.

Recluse rocker Adrian "Digger" Graves survived the implosion of his music career, but his muse has long lain dormant. Until Kat hires him to play at her library—not on the basis of his hard rock credentials but rather, because of the obscure kids' TV jingle he wrote years ago. In a case of mistaken identity, Adrian stumbles into the lives of Kat and her comically lovable daughter.

Using tattoos as a timeline, Adrian unfurls his life for Kat. But as the courtship intensifies, it's unclear whose past looms larger: the widow's or the rocker's. Will their demons ever rest, or will they break these soul mates apart?



The Will by Kristen Ashley

Ahhh... Not enough stars, not enough words, not enough hours or minutes in the day to describe how much I love Jake Spears, Josie & the kids or how much I enjoyed THE WILL!!
"Every inch of you, outside and any way you can get inside, baby, physically or emotionally, is mine."
Synopsis:

Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant. 

While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love. 

But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it. 

Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.



The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan

A Sports Romance. Loved this one HARD!

Synopsis:

The rules: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, and above all… No falling in love.

Anna Jones just wants to finish college and figure out her life. Falling for star quarterback Drew Baylor is certainly not on her to do list. Confident and charming, he lives in the limelight and is way too gorgeous for his own good. If only she could ignore his heated stares and stop thinking about doing hot and dirty things with him. Easy right?

Too bad he’s committed to making her break every rule…

Football has been good to Drew. It’s given him recognition, two National Championships, and the Heisman. But what he really craves is sexy yet prickly Anna Jones. Her cutting humor and blatant disregard for his fame turns him on like nothing else. But there’s one problem: she's shut him down. Completely.

That is until a chance encounter leads to the hottest sex of their lives, along with the possibility of something great. Unfortunately, Anna wants it to remain a hook up. Now it’s up to Drew to tempt her with more: more sex, more satisfaction, more time with him. Until she’s truly hooked. It's a good thing Drew knows all about winning.

All’s fair in love and football…Game on.



Hostile Takeover by Joey W. Hill

This is a hard core BDSM read. Don't read it of you like missionary only... Eeek but wow what a ride loved it.

Synopsis:

Book V of the Knights of the Board Room series (can be read as standalone)

Ben is the last unattached member of the five-man executive team of K&A Associates. The other four, all Masters, have found the submissive of their dreams. That’s fine. The sharp-edged lawyer knows he’s the most hardcore of all of them, with extreme tastes as a Master he satisfies physically through experienced club submissives. He doesn’t really need anything more than that.

Marcie has loved Ben since she was sixteen. He’s never behaved as anything more than a protective big brother, a family friend. But now she’s twenty three and starting her career as a corporate investigator. She may be a blood-and-bone deep submissive, but she won’t hesitate to use her aggressive talents to prove she’s meant to be his. With a Master as tough as Ben, she’ll have to take whatever measures are needed—even if her deepest desire isn’t a hostile takeover of his heart, but an unconditional surrender to it.

Reader Advisory: Marcie’s sexual journey contains a group scene of female/female sexual exploration. The Masters also share her in a brief group scene.



BEND Anthology

One of its own and definitely a Collectors Item, which is Now Banned but you can buy each novella individually.

Kick by C.D. Reiss
Unraveled by K. Bromberg
COME by J.A. Huss
Red & Wolfe by Ella James
The Devil in Me by K.I. Lynn
Worth by Shay Savage
These Men by Andrea Smith
STILL by Alessandra Torre





No comments:

Post a Comment