Thursday, October 16, 2014

REVIEW & BOOK BLITZ: Ruin (Songs of Corruption #2) by C.D. Reiss

    C.D. Reiss' Ruin Release Day Launchantonio-teaser-ruin-hurt-protect
Ruin front full
Title: Ruin (Songs of Corruption #2)
Author: C.D. Reiss 
Genre: Erotic Romance 
Cover Design: Paradox Book Cover Designs 
Release Date: Oct. 14th 2014

55666-add-to-goodreads-button

Synopsis
WARNING: This book contains delicious sex scenes with a hot man dirty-talking in Italian; women handling firearms and explosives; and scenes of violence with a crystal Virgin Mary cigarette lighter.

Antonio is a killer. 
He's beautiful, educated, a prodigy of a thief and as violent a motherfucker as ever came of the boat from Napoli. 

Theresa knows it, but that doesn't stop her from getting emotionally and physically entangled with him, and this is how, maybe, she got it in her head that she can protect him.

But it's not her job to save him, and she's just not getting that. Every time she tries to protect him, she practically gets him killed, and the tighter he grips her, the more dangerous she becomes.

It's almost as if...well, he'd never admit this....but it's almost as if protecting her the way he does is the one thing he should stop. As if the only way he's ever going to find a moment's peace is to just embrace her as a partner, rather than a defenseless creature.

But he'd never do that. Not this violent motherfucker.




Ruin (Songs of Corruption, #2)Ruin by C.D. Reiss
My rating: 6 of 5 stars

6 Stars Yes 6******


 photo DC5AC701-4E63-453C-B9FA-9575492E89A4_zpsuvrrdry6.jpg

First of all I want to apologise for the amount of Art I have made while reading Ruin and the run up to this book I couldn't stop myself therefore this really is going to be a creative review more so than words really cause this book is one big beautiful quote.

I have to be honest with you about my experience while reading Spin I enjoyed the first instalment but it wasn't my favourite, that could have been a time thing but I didn't adore it and feel completely compelled to keep reading the same way all CD's books previously have saying that with #Ruin CD has pulled alllll the stops out she got me on every minute, every moment and every single word that was put into this book was OUTSTANDING therefore in my experience here and why I love CD REISS's stories she really does know how to change your every thought in mindset and goes full circle, THIS is why CD is one of my top Authors to go to.


So The Capo is back and he's at his best he's from the Mafia family an Italian Mobster a leader its his duty to murder, its the life he lives and has been brought up on blood and family traditions. Theresa is a perfect well put together old fashioned family woman brought up by the Drazens she knows how to show no emotion and to do as she's told, except she fell for capo and in this instalment this really is their story how two different worlds collide, how do they fit into each others world? will the succeed? will they be happy? what lives will be lost? who's hearts will get broken? yes yes yes this is full of a gripping compelling and intriguing plot where I was on the edge of my seat when I picked up my kindle at night.


What I loved about this one is there was no stopping back the only way was forward in a way this was for both of them to slide into each others lives Capo wanted to be Good and Theresa wanted to be Bad Capo wanted a chance to have what he wanted, to be clean and enjoy life and obviously that's not an easy route for these pair and there's plenty to keep the Anxiety at a good level, I bit my nails, I cried I was aroused and I laughed.


This quote really does sum up the whole book in my opinion and a BIGGGG reason why I adored Theresa, she was feisty, sexy, and raw she wanted Capo and there was no stopping her going after what she wanted really in Truth this whole book was one sensual journey of two people who deserved to be with each other, I really don't know how to explain the depth to the emotion they evoked in me but also how I was captivated by them as individuals too.


To sum up Capo was Feral, Sexy, human and strong. Theresa was beautiful, strong, feisty she was normal and wanted to have that normal life, she could be herself, she didn't stop, she went after what she wanted and her strength and loyalty to her man really screamed loud and clear its a big reason why I loved her in this book. Together they were sensual, heavenly, Erotic and PHENOMENOL.


There was lots of moments to enjoy with the Drazens too and Thanksgiving was a fantastic part of the story, really I thoroughly enjoyed those parts with Jonathon and analysing parts that I couldn't remember from Sing on SOS with the help of my fellow Canaries CD is a pure Genius she is bringing all the Drazens together in one big twisted plot as a reader the whole experience is a memorable one and one I will never forget.

I can't say much else and I'm really sorry if I've rambled on I'm heartbroken in that my heart is now at loss, in love, engrossed and highly emotional goodness knows how I'm going to move on but this is CD at her best hands down my favourite so far.

Some more quotes


 photo D9EACA3D-5224-4410-8F6B-9509CBC3CECD_zpsop6zndeb.jpg



A highly recommended read and yes yes I'll re-read this one

That is all


And A Big thank you to all my fellow Canaries join the BR here!




Buy Links

Amazon | B&N | iBooks | Kobo 


Teasers
Teaser_6

Teaser_7

Teaser_9

Meet C.D. Reiss

CD ReissCD Reiss is a USA Today and Amazon bestseller. She still has to chop wood and carry water, which was buried in the fine print. Her lawyer is working it out with God but in the meantime, if you call and she doesn’t pick up, she’s at the well, hauling buckets.

Born in New York City, she moved to Hollywood, California to get her master’s degree in screenwriting from USC. In case you want to know, that went nowhere, but it did embed TV story structure in her head well enough for her to take a big risk on a TV series structured erotic series called Songs of Submission. It’s about a kinky billionaire hung up on his ex-wife, an ingenue singer with a wisecracking mouth; art, music and sin in the city of Los Angeles.

Critics have dubbed the books “poetic,” “literary,” and “hauntingly atmospheric,” which is flattering enough for her to put it in a bio, but embarrassing enough for her not to tell her husband, or he might think she’s some sort of braggart who’s too good to give the toilets a once-over every couple of weeks or chop a cord of wood.

If you meet her in person, you should call her Christine.

::::CONNECT WITH CD REISS HERE::::

Facebook | Twitter | Website | Amazon | Goodreads

 

::::FACEBOOK RELEASE PARTY OCTOBER 15th::::

Event_Banner

Hosted By
CLP_BANNER_PIC

No comments:

Post a Comment